G Alert. Not “Galert.” The “G” stands for Google. And the “Alert” stands for “Google Alerts.”
If you have never used a Google Alert, just know it is a simple tool to have Google notify you
when whatever you want to tag…like your full name…is published on the world wide web.
Using Google Alerts with G Alert, we don’t use our names, but the keywords associated with our
website. Then, we turn those alerts into actual feeds, and the plugin pulls from those feeds
and makes a post out of it all. There is an optional spinner to add additional content, but I
dare not venture there. I hate spun content.
http://www.warriorplus.com/w/a/ptsmf
I know what you’re thinking…
I just so happened to get an email from one of the many marketers who send me emails, when I
noticed a run-of-the-mill “get this auto-posting plugin…” yawn, burp, fart….[it proceeded]…
BY PULLING CONTENT FROM GOOGLE ALERTS-TURNED-INTO-RSS-FEEDS
I was HOPING – crossing my fingers – that this plugin worked the way I *thought* it may
possibly work. I purchased it without hesitation for just under $10. I tore into it,
installing it without even reading the manual. Like the boy who screamed like a little
girl when he got an N64 on a Christmas morning back in the mid 90′s, I grinned and remembered
how girlish that scream was. I fist-pumped the air, though.
Get this ridiculously cheap plugin. What I love about it the most, is that it gives you an
“always up-to-date” news section. I don’t use it as a means to replace my content sections
(no, its not your solution to never having to come up with content again) but it is great for
what I mentioned…adding a news section to your site.
I think a news section to any site, regardless of topic, makes it more authoritative and of
higher quality, in general. It adds value for the visitor by giving them that one extra
feature so they don’t have to go to some other site.
Grab it here : http://www.warriorplus.com/w/a/ptsmf